For Intermediate Graduate Students
Not Voodoo Home / Notes on Special Topics / Comments?
Theory and Philosophy
- The Tour of Collective Wisdom for opinions from the synthetic organic chemistry community.
- A Day in the Life of Successful Graduate Student or Post-doctoral Researcher.
- THE FAQ: Major Stumbling Blocks in Ph.D. Research.
- Desert Island tools, tables, charts, and graphs.
- Magic Formulas
- Always and Never: Basic practical tips for laboratory.
- Rules of Thumb: Numerical guidelines for experimental success.
- How To carry out specific procedures in the laboratory.
- How to Handle: advice for working with specific classes of tricky compounds.
- Q and A: A Discussion Forum: if you have a specialized question that other synthetic chemists might be able to address, post it here.